26 Jul The Perfect Marriage Proposal
Finding your true love is a great feeling, and you may want to take your relationship to the next level i.e. marriage. You want to make her a proposal she simply can’t refuse. That is not to suggest that her “yes” depends solely on the way you propose. But you need to make the occasion memorable enough for both of you and show her how much you care for her. No matter how much your girl pretends otherwise, deep down she really expects her man to propose to her in the most romantic way possible, depending on her definition of romantic. You don’t have to be extraordinarily lavish for a good proposal; all you need is some thought and effort.
So here are six simple steps to sweep her off her feet with your proposal:
- Surprise her. Girls love surprises, so make sure whatever you do, it is unexpected. You could make dinner for her or take her to a place that is special to both of you. Whisk her away on a holiday or plan a special night, but make sure she’s not expecting it. Think out of the box, yet make sure you do something she will enjoy and cherish.
- Get the perfect ring. This is one of the most important parts of your proposal. Even if your girl is not too self-indulgent, she will want a ring she can show off to family and friends. Buy her a ring that perfectly suits her personality and style. Make sure you get hold of a trustworthy jeweller and select the perfect diamond. Don’t forget to consider the durability of the band.
- Practice and plan the proposal thoroughly. Spontaneity is great in some situations but in such cases planning is better. Imagine you pop the question at the wrong place and the wrong time. Not only will she not be amused, it will also reflect your laziness to take the effort to plan. Once the plan is ready, go over it carefully. Fix the bottlenecks and keep another alternative handy in case something goes awry.
- Dress for the part. This may not be your strong suit but for this occasion, no excuses allowed. This is the least you can do for your girl who usually puts in a lot of effort in this department. Depending on the location that you have chosen, you can dress formally or informally. Turning up unkempt in a baggy t-shirt and jeans will again reflect a laid-back attitude.
- Get on one knee. This one is obviously a no-brainer. A proposal can never be perfect without the man going down on one knee. It is not only a sweet romantic gesture, but also a classic way to propose.
- Tell her why she’s special to you. This is the most important part of your proposal. This is the moment you have been waiting for, to confess your feelings. No matter how taciturn you may be otherwise; this is the time to pour your heart out. Tell her why you love her and why you wish to marry her. You don’t have to be cheesy, just tell her the truth. If she really believes you are the person that completes her, nothing’s going to stop her from accepting your proposal